Revature is a leading technology talent development company headquartered in Reston, VA. We provide highly trained and efficient software developers to our clients in various industries such as healthcare, IT, government, financial, and banking to name a few. Our developers are actively working and supporting projects at various state and federal government agencies, and Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for passionate Entry Level Software Engineers to design, develop and install software solutions.
The successful candidate will be able to build enterprise level applications, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
- Execute full lifecycle software development
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Serve as a subject matter expert
- Comply with project plans and industry standards
- Proven working experience in software engineering
- BS degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- Hands on experience in designing interactive applications
- MUST have the ability to develop software in C++, C#, Java or other selected languages
Preferred but not required:
- Skills in software engineering tools
- Ability to document requirements and specifications
- Familiarity with software development methodology and release processes
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with test-driven development
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive salary package to include but not limited to:
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Vacation Package
- Industry Certifications (i.e. Oracle, Microsoft, 100% reimbursed by the company)
- Travel & Relocation package
- Enterprise Level Application Development Training
- Life Insurance Policy
If you aspire to become a programmer yet are not well-versed in coding, check out our FREE online training program where you’ll be introduced to advanced technologies, receive one-on-one mentorship and build a portfolio which recruiters review once you’ve successfully completed a project.