Altarum Institute, a nonprofit systems research and consulting organization serving government and private sector clients, is pleased to announce an opening for a software engineer within the Center for Connected Health located in Ann Arbor, MI. The Center for Connected Health advances population health management and healthcare delivery through the development of novel applications and health information exchange and interoperability solutions.
As a software engineer at Altarum, you will have the opportunity to make important software and web development contributions to multiple healthcare projects such as java based web applications for public health, clinical decision support tools, EHR integration, and mobile applications. You’ll report to a Center Director, and work in an Agile environment alongside a team of Software Developers, Business Analysts, and Public Health Analysts.
Currently, we are looking for full-stack java developers. This position can be based remotely anywhere in the US.
- UX/UI development
- Integration / interface work using XML and FHIR
- Optimize the web front end for maximum speed and scalability
- While maintaining current production code, you must demonstrate a willingness to step into new roles and learn new technologies quickly
- Be innovative and share ideas as we evaluate new or alternative data processing techniques to determine their usefulness in meeting project needs and deadlines
- BS or MSdegree in computer science; 2+ years of experience working on Java applications, strong knowledge of Object Orientated Programming, and experience with multiple databases.
- Enjoy working with a dynamic team, flexible and possess a good foundation of software development skills.
- Experience working withdatabase, Java, Responsive design, Cross-browser, cross-platform, cross-device functionality other web technologies like PHP, ASP, VB, JSP, etc.) is highly desired
- Experience with design and implementation of sites, workflows and dashboards
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and a quick learner. You should have a broad base of software development experience, and be interested in continuing to grow technically via hands on experience and learning