Are you a Software Engineer obsessed with designing elegant high performing services? Are you accomplished at integrating services with Cloud Native solutions? If so, you might be a good candidate for this job. Server-Side software engineering requires a deft touch, part art, part black magic and such a code wizard is a master of many things. Bring your Open Source and Agile skills and join PGi!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely-related field, with a minimum of 6 years of experience in a software engineering position, to include a minimum of 3 years working with Java in a continuous integration and deployment environment.
- Collaborate in the planning, design and release schedule for a uCaaS provisioning system.
- Develop and maintain a highly available uCaaS cloud hosted provisioning system.
- Present software design issues, questions, and suggestions to the core Engineering team and management.
- Work within the company's software development lifecycle process.
- Develop and automate the deployment of the uCaaS provisioning system development environment.
- Work with Customer Support to help troubleshoot technical customer problems
Technical Interests and Experience
- Nice to have C# .NET
- In depth experience with web services and REST
- Maintaining backward compatibility among components during incremental system upgrades.
- Developing high-quality code and accepting input based on Peer Reviews, style guides, and static analysis.
- Understanding of CI/CD Pipelines using Git, Jenkins, Artifactory into cloud-based Linux environments.
- Experience with code management best practices via branches, commits and peer reviews.
- Knowledge of BPMN processes or designing/modeling process and data flows in similar notations.
- Experience with cloud computing services such as AWS, GCE, or Azure.
- Experience with containerization, orchestration, and schedulers required. Docker and/or Helm experience is a bonus.
Extra bonus points: Knowledge of testing frameworks, Kubernetes, container host monitoring, centralized logging, static code analysis
- Collaborates - Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others.
- Manages Complexity – Asks the right questions to accurately analyze situations. Acquires data from multiple and diverse sources when solving problems. Uncovers root causes to difficult problems. Evaluates pros and cons, risks and benefits of different solution options.
- Action Oriented – Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities.
- Drives Results – Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks.
- Adaptive – Anticipates the impact of new technologies and makes adjustments. Readily learns and adopts new technology.
- Decision Quality – Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions.