JUVARE is a technology company focused on developing innovative enterprise resilience solutions for government agencies, corporations, healthcare providers and higher education around the world. JUVARE solutions have supported over 500,000 emergency response incidents in all 50 states and 20 countries around the world. JUVARE helps our clients prepare, connect, and respond to protect people, property, and brands.
The Java Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and support of market leading Java based applications used before, during and after emergency management situations. You will be part of a team that practices a disciplined development methodology and will interact directly with our Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Support Specialists to develop effective, reliable, and scalable solutions in an Agile, test-driven environment. We are looking for a self-directed individual who also functions well in a team environment. You should have a passion for working with clients to solve their business and support challenges.
This position involves full stack development for SaaS software hosted in AWS. Technologies include, but are not limited to: Java, Spring, JPA, REST, JSON, ReactJS, TypeScript, JQuery, JUnit, SQL/relational databases, and Tomcat.
Reports To: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Downtown, Atlanta, GA
- Full stack development, including database, services, and front end.
- Develop high quality code and automated tests.
- Follow Agile development best practices, including planning, grooming & estimation, review, and retrospectives.
- Peer review other team member's work and provide constructive feedback.
- Learn development tools and programming techniques, participate in educational opportunities and apply gained knowledge in daily work.
- Evaluate newly emerging technologies and participate in business decisions regarding technologies to implement.
- Develop collaborative relationships with team members and key stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Troubleshoot escalated client support issues.
- Work with DevOps to continuously improve product environments and automated build/deployment process.
- Evaluate product health by using monitoring and load testing solutions, reviewing penetration testing reports.
- Follow OWASP and other security best practices to develop reliable solutions.
- Comply with Juvare policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ technical software development experience with a minimum of 2 years of Java development experience.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Expertise in Object Oriented Analysis, Design, Programming methodologies, data structures and design.
- Experience using Spring frameworks for O/R Mapping and Dependency Injection.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Able to write effective unit and integration tests.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (e.g.: Jenkins) and environment deploy & orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, etc.) preferred.
- Experience supporting highly available solutions in Azure or AWS preferred.
- Able to troubleshoot problems by reviewing logs and debugging.
- Experience with cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance, scalability, maintainability, and supportability preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and methodical problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, personal initiative, and commitment to quality.
- Easily and quickly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Passion to deliver outstanding client service.