The Treasury Services department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is seeking candidates for Software Engineer II through Senior Software Engineer positions. The Federal Reserve plays a major role in operating the nation’s payment system. These positions will have responsibilities in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of enterprise solutions for a large payment system.
- Proficient-to-Strong contributor in enterprise technology solutions for the organization’s most strategic and complex application delivery projects, utilizing broad industry awareness and expertise.
- Active participant through all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including post-implementation support and maintenance.
- Proficient-to-Advanced at implementing complex systems and software components from technical designs and specifications, in compliance with Industry and System standards, which meet customer needs and expectations with respect to key project/product performance measures; quality, schedule, and cost.
- Novice-to-Proficient at analyzing business requirements and creating technical designs and specifications for independent implementation or for less experienced team members.
- Novice-to-Advanced at creating estimates and work breakdown structures on assigned development tasks. Collaboratively works with leads to incorporate development activities into master delivery schedule.
- Proficient-to-Advanced at consulting with customers and business partners on defined assignments.
- Novice-to-Advanced at communicating status and progress on assignments. Recognizes issues and risks and begins to raise them to senior staff.
Core Attributes :
- Technical Expertise: Proficient-to-Advanced
- Leadership: Novice-to-Proficient
- Self-Sufficiency: Minimal Oversight-to-Independent
- Relationship Management: Proficient-to-Advanced
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Proficient-to-Advanced
- Problem Solving/Creativity: Proficient-to-Advanced
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in an information technology field (e.g.,Computer/Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS), Computer Science (CS), Electrical/Computer Engineering (EE/CE), or an equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- At the Software Engineer I level we typically require at least four years, at the Software Engineer II level we require at least six years and at the Senior Software Engineer we require at least 8 years of relevant and progressive information technologyexperience directly related to the design and development of software solutions; with some experience in enterprise-class solutions.
- Foundational knowledge of industry standards and best practices surrounding all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Web Application Frameworks (e.g. Spring MVC, Struts, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with modern ORM technology (e.g. Hibernate, JPA, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Java Enterprise Applications (e.g. JEE, Spring, etc…).
- Demonstrated proficiency with Unit Testing, UML, Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, MVC patterns.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Agile software development principles.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and learn new technologies (e.g. Spring Core, Spring Batch, Web Services, MQ Series, etc…)