Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility Corporation is seeking a mid-level Java developer with Java rich client and web application development experience and strong core Java knowledge for an immediate position on a growing program in Indian Head, MD supporting a Naval Surface Warfare Centers contract. The successful candidate will research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or application software
- At least 2 years of recent Java experience.
- Applicants selected for this position will require an interim DoD Secret security clearance and background screening. Must be a US Citizen to qualify.
- Experience with software configuration management processes
- Familiar with Software CM documents (such as SPS, SVD, SCMP, etc).
- Experience performing Software CM functions on a major program of reasonable size and complexity
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of software configuration management and source control tools such as GIT and SVN
- Knowledge of PC-based software tools for integration, build, and release of software.
- Secret Clearance
Good oral and written communication skills.
Willingness and ability to pay meticulous attention to detail
Willingness to work extra hours to support tight deadlines
Ability to work collaboratively on multi-disciplinary teams
Willingness to travel occasionally.
Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, 5+ years of experience could be substituted for degre
COMPTIA Security+ certification withn 3 months of hire.
- At least 6 years of recent Java experience.
- Experience using Java technologies-SWT, SWING, RCP, JSP, EJB
- Experience using Java development tools such as Maven, Eclipse, Ant, Jenson etc.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Principals and concepts
- Understanding of design patterns and their applications
- Working knowledge of both rich client and web application development using current MVC frameworks
- Knowledge of Oracle 11, MySQL, SQL-Server, SQL development and TOAD
- Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures (SVN/GIT preferred)
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management and Source Control tools such as GIT, SVN, etc., with actual experience utilizing Forge a major plus
Requisition ID 2015-14465