Citi’s goal is to become the World’s Digital Bank. The North America Internet Development team is playing a big part in making that happen. The team is responsible for application development of all NA browser-based applications supporting Citi Cards, Citibank, and Citi Mortgage clients. While supporting existing application architecture, the team is embarking on new technologies including Responsive Web Design (RWD), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Microservices, and Web APIs. We are also on a path of fully embracing an agile development methodology.
The Apps Dev Technical Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Lead a team of employee and contractor developers, providing mentorship of junior team members.
- Accountable for all phases of development process – analysis, design, construction, testing and implementation in both waterfall and agile development lifecycles.
- Collaborate with business partners and Business Analysis to review requirements, ensuring they are clear, concise, and technically feasible.
- Translate requirements into innovative solutions that provide an excellent client experience and align with Digital’s architectural roadmap.
- Prepare detailed technical designs that account for security, resiliency, scalability, maintainability, and performance.
- Code, test, debug, implement, and support complex financial applications.
- Strive for continuous improvements of our processes, application designs, and application execution.
- Collaborate with onshore/offshore contract resources, ensuring adherence to our processes and standards.
- Remain abreast of emerging Digital technologies.
- 5+ years of hands–on experience developing applications using Java/J2EE and Web Services.
- Experience leading teams of up to 10 developers including employees, onshore contractors, and offshore contractors.
- Experience implementing business critical, high volume, and highly available web-based applications is a must.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and testing tools such as Junit and LeanFT.
- Experience with, or very knowledgeable in, cloud based development leveraging Cloud Foundry in PaaS environment.
- Familiar with RTC for source control
- Must be collaborative, adaptable, and have good communication skills. Prior experience working on agile teams is very desirable.
- Experience in the financial industry is a plus.