Requisition Number 54147
You are a passionate Java Software Engineer - You understand that effective solution development requires going above and beyond. You take pride in making a lasting impression. Your current position has limitations and you seek a bigger job with a bigger impact. Your job search has many options but you want to distinguish the jobs from the true career opportunities… which one is truly going to allow you to shine?
Assurant is hiring a Contact Center Software Engineer to deliver an excellent customer experience to our customers and to support the contact centers within Assurant. The Contact Center Development team provides valuable customer experience and cost savings enhancements to the contact center software and ensures their reliability.
The Software Engineer analyzes requirements and designs, codes, tests, installs and maintains application systems, programs, functions, services, and other related software components in response to enterprise needs of moderate to high complexity.
- Analyze requirements and design solutions for approved projects and change requests of moderate to high complexity and risk
- Design/develop system, application and program code according to business and technical requirements
- Participate in quality assurance and testing to achieve quality objectives
- Implement solutions
- Provide system support
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of the business operations and strategic imperatives of Assurant
- Development Technologies: Java / JEE, MVC, Spring, iBatis / Hibernate, AngularJS, node.js Oracle DB, VXML, REST/SOAP, Cisco CVP, Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- IDE: Eclipse, Cisco Call Studio, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code
- Databases: Oracle DB, SQL Server, IBM Informix
- CT tools: Maven, TFS, Octopus
- Methodologies: Scrum & Waterfall
This position will be based out of our Atlanta or Miami locations but has the option to work from home 2 days per week. This will be after 5 months of service and the candidate is meeting performance expectations.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a related field with increasing responsibility
- 3+ years of Java software design, development and implementation experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to management, team members, business and technology professionals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player
- Great attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related area
- Experience in Agile development
- Experience in designing contact center development solutions, including integrating with ICM, telephony components, and with back-end business applications
- Experience with Cisco CVP or similar IVR call flow development
- Knowledge of Speech Recognition technology, preferably Nuance
- Experience with telephony integration development
- Experience with Voice User Interface (VUI) design and caller usability
- Experience in speech grammar development
- Experience in designing reporting solutions