The Software Development Manager is responsible for end-to-end software development, delivery and level 3 support for a web-based application(s). In this role, the Software Development Manager works closely with business partners to influence plan and execute software delivery and business strategy. The individual in this role is expected to work within the bank’s guidance and standards related to software delivery. The Software Development Manager is also responsible for developing, motivating, and evaluating performance of direct reports.
Provides leadership to the Software Delivery Team throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Leads or oversees the development and maintenance (with architects and business) of the application technology roadmap; responsible for the execution of the application technology roadmap
- Participates with IT infrastructure providers on infrastructure resiliency, patching, upgrades and modernization initiatives
- Contributes to the development of the business multi-year product strategy
- Leads or oversees application production level 3 support
- Communicates and updates senior management and business on high-severity or potential customer impacting production incidents, issues and risks
- Develops staff by identifying developmental assignments and training opportunities, working with individuals on their personal goals, delegating responsibilities and providing timely feedback
- Administers personnel actions including; recommends salary increase and promotions, approves transfers and hiring, and conducts progressive counseling.
- Leads and/or participates in executing department strategic objectives- Manages department’s expenses to ensure resources are appropriately utilized
- Demonstrates support for and ensures compliance with Bank and System policies and procedures.
- Stays abreast of latest IT technologies, applications and industry standards by reviewing periodicals, online site/blogs and attending seminars
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Excellent ability to motivate, influence and work through others to accomplish tasks.
- Six or more years of IT experience preferred. Four years or more leadership or supervisory experience required.
- Highly proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Currency with broad technological direction and industry best practices for IT organizations.
- Experience with transitioning teams, processes and solutions using Agile SDLC, DevOps automation and Cloud hosting.
- Superior planning, organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Broad knowledge of department operations, regulations and policies.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong strategic vision and focus.