Kansas City, MO
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 159 days ago
Java Software Developer (Job Number:443079)
Create new user information solutions by designing, implementing and maintaining Java-based Web components and interfaces within a Scrum team. Contribute to the entire System Development Lifecycle (SDLC), by assessing functional and technical requirements, performing high-level and detailed design activities, writing testable and efficient code in support of those designs and testing completed implementations for functional and technical compliance prior to deployment. Update, maintain and add functionality to preexisting Java-based information solutions.
Primary Job Duties
- Decompose user specifications and technical designs provided by application architects and technical leads to complete assigned coding tasks within a Scrum team.
- Thoroughly test completed code by writing, executing and reporting the results of automated unit tests.
- Participate in, and document the results of, peer code reviews.
- Create SDLC-mandated project and product documentation.
- Debug and resolve application and data issues.
- Reports to a Scrum team lead, with additional oversight provided by project manager, application architects and technical lead.
- Mentor, coach and develop less-experienced team members
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of software development experience utilizing Java or Master’s degree
- Software development knowledge or experience utilizing Java preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust clearance
- Must possess at minimum an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification must obtain an Oracle Certified Associate Java SE x Programmer certification within 120 days after hire. NOTE: x denotes Java version. A specific version is not required to meet this requirement; the candidate can achieve certification in any version offered by Oracle.
- Must be an excellent team player in a diverse culture
- Must display the ability to work under pressure
- Must display the desire and ability to act as a mentor/coach/teacher
- Must possess proficiency with a version-control system such as Subversion
- Must possess proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) such as Eclipse
- Must possess proficiency with a build tool such as Maven
- Must possess proficiency with a continuous-integration server such as Jenkins
- Must possess proficiency with a unit- testing framework such as JUnit
- Experience with third-party APIs and frameworks such as Spring is preferred
- Experience working in a Scrum environment is preferred