Multiple mid to senior level Software Development Engineer positions open for candidates with or without Robotics experience. Java/Linux/Python or C++/ROS/SLAM roles. Amazon Robotics is located in North Reading, MA which is 10 miles north of Boston.
Working at Amazon Robotics
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
As a Java Software Engineer on the Amazon Robotic Movement team, you will be part of an exciting, diverse team that is responsible for the movement of the robotic drive units in an Amazon fulfillment center. You will own key components of critical, high availability software services as part of the drive movement subsystem. You will collaborate cross-functionally to define clear requirements, deliverables, and test cases in an exciting, highly innovative environment.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or other algorithmic-centric discipline
· 5 or more years of professional experience developing production commercial software in core Java, C++, Python or other Object Oriented languages
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, agile development, build processes, testing, and operations
· Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and test software in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with multithreading and concurrency
· Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently
· Strong communication skills, ability to work well in a team environment
· Experience in equipment control and integration
· Experience in distributed computing, service-oriented architectures and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience developing and documenting robust frameworks used by multiple teams
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Experience developing with Akka toolkit
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.