* Java Web application design and development
* Implementation and testing procedures, modules and related code using best practices
*Supporting, updating and enhancing web applications
* Creating and implementing code documentation to support development
*Other duties as assigned
Experience and Preferable Skills:
* A Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or equivalent experience
* 5+ years?experience designing and developing interactive scientific or e-commerce web solutions
* Excellent communication / documentation skills
* Clear understanding of client-server functionality, web browser technology, and OOD and Java fundamental concepts and language.
*Experience with Java technologies including Java 6/7/8, Struts 2, Tiles, Spring, JDBC, Hibernate, JSP, JSTL, Web services(SOAP/WSDL), JAXB, Ehcache, Maven, Tomcat server
*Experience with using tools such as Eclipse IDE, Git, Perforce, HPQC, Confluence/Jira, Subversion, Oracle Developer, Selenium QC, etc.
* Strong Experience with an RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, etc) and working with data formats like XML.
*Experience with Search Concepts, Search Engines such as FAST, and SEO a plus.
* Strong problem solving, web application debugging and troubleshooting skills using latest tools a must.
* Some working knowledge of systems and network administration in Linux and Windows, and be able to get around server using command line to perform common tasks.
*Experience with other server-side technologies including PHP, Perl, Ruby and Python a plus
*Experience with Linux programming or administration a plus.
*Experience with Agile Software Development process a plus.
* Must be detail oriented and a self-starter
* Multi-tasking with good follow through skills, good communication skills.
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Ability to work alone and accomplish tasks without supervision