Citi Architecture and Technology Engineering (CATE) is a global organization within Citi’s Chief Technology Office (CTO) that is responsible for the development of technology solutions to meet the demands of Citi’s multiple lines of business.
The Software-Defined Networking (SDN) team operates globally within the CATE organization to define the strategic direction and develop global SDN solutions across multiple technology areas to satisfy our customers’ need for orchestrated and automated solutions.
As part of Citi’s Next Generation Network strategy, the team is now seeking to hire a senior software developer with strong Web User Interface (UI) and Java skills to work on new and highly visible SDN initiatives which have the aim of transforming the traditional methods of configuring network elements and the manner in which services are deployed over the network.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work with new, often cutting edge, products to develop software-based solutions to fulfill the increasing demands from our internal customers to reduce manual effort, speed up time to market and improve the overall efficiency for the delivery of network-related technologies. The industry is in the early stages of a seismic shift towards software-defined and programmatic access to network infrastructure and this opportunity will see you at the forefront of Citi’s effort in this transformation.
• Design and deliver UI solutions for given Network operational processes.
• Assist Project Manager to ensure smooth delivery of Network Automations.
• Partners with Project Manager, Operations Teams and Network Engineers during project delivery to provide design clarity.
• Provide mentoring and guidance to other developers.
• Creative thinking to identify and work around process design.
• Create Process Definitions and standards. Ensures the project documents are shared on time with relevant parties.
• Contribute to the creation of standard approaches and techniques.
• Develop prototypes and Proofs of Concept.
• Continually learn and develop.
Key skill requirements
• Hands on development experience with Java 8 or higher. (3-5 years)
• Proven track record in as UI/UX designer and developer. (3-5 years)
• Experience with CI-CD development methodology and tools (JIRA, Git, Jenkins, BMC Release Lifecycle Management).
• Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux platforms.
• Experience with SQL and other standard database query tools.
• Experience working on software development projects. (3-5 years)
• Experience with web services such as SOAP and REST. (3-5 years)
• Experience with data modeling languages such as XML and JSON. (3-5 years)
• Strong problem solving, analysis, and design skills.
• Deep understanding of technology and architecture concepts.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• A good understanding of front, middle and back office processes.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
• Strong knowledge on SDLC / Agile Methodology.
• Willingness to learn complex applications and unique data
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
• Strong Academic record or strong related internship /Co-op/Work experience
• Time management skills and the ability to simultaneously work on multiple deliverables
Job ID: 18071242