We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s software engineers engage in a leading edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life impacting moves with their financial worth. We are looking for engineers who love their craft and who know that career development means becoming a master of your craft. We take our responsibility to support, teach and develop our team very seriously, and we expect you to be driven to learn and grow and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
The Advisor Services division supports the Registered Investment Advisor line of business as well as other institutional business. The data delivery team is responsible for delivering portfolio management data to our clients using a number of mechanisms. As a member of the Advisor Services Data Delivery team you will be part of a team building new applications to modernize the way we generate and deliver large volumes of portfolio data, using new technologies.
What you’ll do:
Our software applications engineer will need to be a self-starter who partners well with others. You will be open to sharing knowledge and information with others. This role is all about getting the job done, so you must have a can do / will do attitude about all tasks associated with getting great code out the door. Schwab is a highly collaborative environment, so working well with others is a must. You’ll need the ability to listen to others with an open mind and still feel comfortable sharing your thoughts and opinions in pursuit of a goal.
This position is a technical developer role including the following job functions:
- Develop cloud ready application/microservices that will be hosted on the cloud platform
- Work on the Continuous integration and Delivery to move towards DevOps
- Work on the latest technology stack to build modern enterprise solutions
- Provide creative technical solutions to new business requirements and partner with the business owners to implement the solution
- Supporting the full development life cycle
- System monitoring and production support
- Working with an Agile team to deliver solutions
- Interact with individuals from across Schwab, different supporting organizations, and business groups in order to successfully complete file delivery projects
What you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in Software Development using Java Object Oriented Programming.
- Understanding of OO design patterns and practice
- Databaseexperience in either RDBMS (Oracle or SQL Server) and NoSQL (Mongo or Redis)
- Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics
- Ability to fully support all development phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and management
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life