Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata Analytics Applications is seeking a talented Java Service Architect capable of building the next generation architecture to empower Teradata’s “Best of Breed” Enterprise Customer Journey applications. The Architect will design and implement cutting-edge scalable and high performing web applications to ensure that our systems’ performance and reliability exceed our customers’ expectations.
• Architect and design high performing and secure multi-tier web applications capable of handling large amounts of data
• Breakdown existing monoliths into Microservices that can be shared across the business
• Evaluate new technologies and their application to the business
• Drive technical direction and architectural evolution by implementing solutions and providing guidance to the development organization
• Troubleshoot application performance problems and implement solutions
• Collaborate on cross-functional agile teams that include Front-end and Back-end engineers as well as Product Owners to implement the next generation of enterprise marketing applications
• Proven experience designing and implementing high performing, scalable, and secure multi-tier web applications.
• Expert knowledge Java as well as experience with building applications using technologies such as Hibernate/JPA, Spring Boot, Spring MVC or Drop Wizard
• Understanding of application monitoring and security best practices
• Extensive experience in creating RESTful web services
• Experience with modeling relational databases and writing complex SQL queries
• Experience using a continuous integration stacks and java dependency management and build tools such as Artifactory, Maven, Gradle, GIT, JIRA, Bamboo, Crucible/Stash, etc
• Ideal candidate will have experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL data stores (Hadoop, Cloudera, HBase), caching technologies like Redis and experience with indexing technologies like Elasticseach or Solr.
• Experience with Microservice architecture and containerization (Kubernetes or Docker) is preferred
• 8+ years Java development experience in a highly transparent Agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and a drive for quality
• 2+ years experience working with NoSQL data stores, search or analytics technologies
• B. S. or M. S. in Computer Science or related field
• Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
*Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.