In this position you will be part of a team of Software Engineers who are engaged in a large scale effort to design, develop, implement and support web based insurance applications. You will implement robust business applications to help us sell our insurance products, interact with our customers, communicate electronically with our agents. You will be expected to maintain awareness of internet trends, technologies and best practices. You must be adept at problem solving, workflow analysis, interpersonal relations, and have excellent oral/written communications skills. You must have the ability to direct others while promoting a spirit of partnership and collegiality across administrative and functional areas of the company. You will be expected to contribute with hands on development.
- Work with Business Analysts to understand requirements and translate to design.
- Source code development.
- Unit test case development.
- Functional/system integration testing support and Deployment.
- Integrate component design.
- Support production as needed and meet development schedules.
- 7+ years of professional experience / skills in JAVA/J2EE, Object Oriented, Design Patterns, XML, DB2, and SQL.
- Must have Design skills (Class diagrams, sequence diagrams, activity diagrams, etc.)
- Desirable knowledge includes P&C Insurance industry, WebSphere, JBOSS, ESB (Mule), Rule Engines(Drools e.g), JUnit, Hibernate/MyBatis, Spring, Web Service, Unix Shell Scripting.
- SOAP and REST web services design and development experience.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies.
- Knowledge of diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Understanding of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs.
- Good oral and written communication skills; presentation skills and strong work ethics.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (preferred) in Computer Science or related field.
- Java Certifications (developer, web component) is preferred.