A leading global financial services firm is currently seeking a Java/Scala Programmer to join their team in New York. This firm is active in investment banking, wealth management, securities, and investment management services. This firm gives you the opportunity to work next to some of the best professionals in the business with cutting edge technology. The technology team's priorities include cloud computing, big data and analytics, machine learning, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity as well as staying up to date on emerging technologies.
In this firm not only are you learning and working on prestigious projects but you also have the ability to give back to the community. This firm uses their business skills to help nonprofits and they volunteer globally. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone at any level looking to excel their career.
This candidate will be responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. You will also provide technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses.
- Develop scalable, optimized components for cross-asset risk computation
- Assist in design and valuation of financial assets
- Assist in optimized layout of functional dependencies
- Analyze and optimize performance of intra-day and end of day risk computation
- Provide support for risk engine, resolve production issues in a timely manner
- Communicating with strategists and other stakeholders
- Excellent Java and Scala code development skills
- Extensive exposure to financialvaluation and risk methodologies (pref with Interest Rate Derivatives)
- Experience with risk computation optimization
- Experience with building, delivering business critical valuation/risk systems and libraries
- Financial Engineering exposure or education is a plus