The kind of person we're looking for:
An experienced Scala/Java developer with a solid technical background building high quality software. If you are passionate by software development, your are always looking for new solutions to build well-crafted software, you are a team player who like to share, learn and debate with others, you are detailed oriented, you take ownership on your activities and work with autonomy… we are eager to meet you!
Our company has an open, relaxed, and friendly environment where jokes and silliness are common, yet we’re serious about the work we do. We fully expect the same from you. Our organizational structure is pretty flat so you’ll be given a fair amount of latitude with, and responsibility for, your own time.
The kind of stuff you'll be doing:
- You will be responsible for the development of Back End Services and Components in a service-oriented system
- You will interact with Front End developers, other Back End developers and database specialists to accomplish your development mission
- You will contribute to improve our software engineering standards and processes in order to incorporate best practices and bring excellence to the team
- You will work side-by-side with the Product team to best understand the needs of our customers and transform ideas into software
- You will work with engineers across the company to help and improve SaaS system
- You will assist with building estimates and review pull requests
The kind of experience you'll need:
- 5+ years experience in software development; including 2+ year building software with Java/Scala with industry standard build tools such as Maven, SBT and Gradle
- Experience building REST APIs in support of front end and back end systems
- Experience developing, testing, maintaining server side software components
- A solid knowledge in software design, design patterns, enterprise patterns and OOP principles.
- Understanding of backend distributed systems and components
- hands-on understanding of web technologies: HTTP, SSL, REST, JSON, XML
- Knowledge of SQL basics and working with SQL databases
- Strong knowledge in Git
The extra stuff that would be nice:
- Basic knowledge in UML
- Functional programming experience
- Knowledge of DevOps principles
- Familiarity with micro-service architectural concepts