Java / Scala Developer
Our client, an asset management firm is seeking an outstanding Java/Scala Developer to join their agile, high performance technology team.
This candidate must have experience developing quality software in a world class financial services organization within a latency-sensitive and data-quality-sensitive electronic trading environment.
This person will design and develop software spanning multiple equitytrading systems and related technology. This role will be a part of the Global TradingTechnology development team. He or she will work closely with the team to deliver scalable, highly-available, elastic services. These services will be supporting client-facing quantitative analytics, mission-critical reference data, order routing systems, trading algorithms, smart order routing tactics and other electronic workflows and services. This person is responsible for developing and supporting the products and services, reporting to the technical lead, and providing third-tier production support. Overall, this person will contribute as part of a team that is responsible for the delivery of high-quality software that directly drives business growth.
- Develop high-quality software components of the global trading platform using Java, Scala, and related languages and technologies
- Contribute to all areas of the software development lifecycle including planning, design, development, testing, implementation, and support
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes, product development, product quality and technology
- Serve as third-tier support for production issues and related support needs.
- 5+ years of experience in development of equity products in a global financial services company or vendor using the Scala language and Java in latency-sensitive environments
- Experience and knowledge of equity products and instruments including FIX protocol and market data
- Proficiency with computer technologies including Linux, SQL/NoSQL, Messaging & Distributed Systems
- Strong multi-threaded and network programming experience
- Knowledge of equity market structure, order handling and electronic trading
- Expertise in the following preferred: Scala, C++, Solace, NoSQL, Functional Programming