Our client, and Investment Bank, is seeking a Senior Java/Scala Developer to join the Distributed computing team.
- Subject Matter Expert on Java and Spark.
- Senior Software Developer with good communication skills.
- Able to express complex technical design & architecture to both developers & business analysts.
- Expected to drive a small team of developers through key deliverables.
- Problem Solving and decision making - Strong experience with solving complex problems. Excellent analytical skills. Ability to proactively identify problems, gather relevant data, perform root cause analysis, evaluate results, consider alternatives and implications, and choose and implement best suited solution.
- Self driven and takes ownership and responsibility of the Tasks and Deliveries entrusted to him/her.
- Bachelors in Core Computer Science background from an good university
- 10+ years of Java development experience
- Excellent coding skills in Java, with good understanding of functional programming paradigm
- 2+ years of on-the-job Big Data (Hadoop, Spark) experience
- 2+ years experience in unit testing and test-driven development
- 5+ years experience with multi-threading and distributed computing
- 5+ years of in depth understanding of Java Performance tuning and GC optimizations.
- Experience in Financial Services / Banking environment
- 2+ years of Scala development experience and Training in Scala
- Agile/Scrum development cycle understanding
- Thorough understanding of bigData technology such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Metastore & Impala