Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Reserve Integrated Management System (RIMS) Financial Management (FM) is a mission critical Financial Management application created to manage those funds appropriated by Congress to the Naval Reserves. This management does not include the actual accounting of said funds. RIMS (FM) manages all detail documents in order to determine when to send accounting transactions to the Standard Accounting and Reporting System (STARS) and to the Standard Accounting, Budgeting and Reporting System (SABRS). RIMS (FM) is written in Java with an Oracle backend database.
- Project Management Tracker (PMT) is a web-based centralized database application, which supports the New Orleans Office in the areas of financial planning, work tasking, risk management, and productivity metrics. It is also used for database, reportsand interface documentation. PM Tracker is written in Oracle Forms and Oracle Discoverer with an Oracle backend database. Since its conception in 2001, PM Tracker has evolved into a sophisticated tool, which supports a variety of management and workflow functions:
- Access to human resources and customer information
- Maintaining a day-to-day workflow on scheduled projects
- Querying, Updating, and Running Reports on Problem Identification Requests (PIR), Project Change requests (PCR), Programmer Information, Contract Information and Customer Support
- Planning budgets and spend plans, and tracking execution of spend plans and budgets
- In addition to its wide variety of formatted reports, PMT has an ad hoc reporting capability. Users can develop and format their own reports using Oracle Discoverer.
- Risk tracking and management
- RIMS(FM) and PMT are complex systems currently operating at the Data Center at NIWC LANT NOLA Office in New Orleans, LA. The RIMS(FM) and PMT technical environment includes the following: Java, JSP, Java Script, SQL/PLSQL, Oracle database environment, Web Services, Oracle WebLogic (Oracle Fusion Middleware), XML, JASPER reports, Oracle Discoverer Reports, and Oracle JDeveloper Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Secret Clearance
- High School diploma or GED.
- Completed the following certifications within one and a half year after assuming duties:
- Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP) (Previously known as Certified Software Engineering Professional (CSEP)), or with COR approval complete a vendor/platform specific certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Microsoft Certified Applications Developer (MCAD), Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA), Sun Certified Professional (SCP), Red Hat Certification Program (RHCP), CISCO Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), other).
- Six (6) years of experience, to include: Software Design, Development, and Test and Evaluation.
- Three (3) years of programming experience with "Specific Project" programming languages.
- Three (3) years of experience, to include: Database development, Web page design, Computer Based Training development, and using .NET tools and .net Integrated Development Environment tools, asp.net, SQL Server 2000, and HTML editor tools.
- Note: Experience may be concurrent.
Nice to Have:
- MICROSOFT OFFICE tools - 2 year. Candidate should have working knowledge of MS Word, excel, and Visio for use in data analysis, documentation and status reporting tasks.
- Ability to work closely with customers to identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Self-motivated applicant that possesses a strong desire to learn new technologies and has a desire to deliver quality solutions to the customer.
- MICROSOFT Project - Candidate should have working knowledge of MS Project for use in workflow development and task tracking.