A prestigious global financial firm is currently seeking a Java Programmer to join their team in New York. This candidatewill work with the Application Development team and will participate in the development and implementation of internal and mission critical external distributed applications. You will be responsible for building distributed applications based on the established FRB system architecture and will be involved in the entire project life cycle. He/She must have very strong experience developing and implementing applications using the J2EE architecture.
- Participate in the detailed technical design of applications with the System Architect and Technical Leads by reviewing UML diagrams and other technical documentation
- Develop functions and application components in Java on Websphere platform.
- Integrate written components with frameworks and other common components
- Make recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
- Develop documentation artifacts
- Support testing (Unit, Functional, Performance, Access controls)
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Java/J2EE distributed application Development. Includes strong experience with various J2EE components and services
- 5+ years working with Spring framework and good understanding of AOP concepts.
- 2+ years of experience with Messaging (MQ/JMS) based Integration applications.
- Strong analysis and design skills, including requirements analysis, OO design patterns, and UML.
- Knowledge of common JEE patterns,
- General knowledge of open source frameworks
- Experience with building and delivering mission critical, fault tolerant applications
- Strong understanding of Application resiliency, security, scalability and general performance concepts.
- Keen understanding of performance issues and end to end debugging capabilities.
- Proven working knowledge of the JEE architecture
- Proven working knowledge of WebSphere or Eclipse IDE;
- Strong knowledge of SQL, stored procedures (PL/SQL) and database fundamentals (Oracle 11g).