The Programmer Analyst is responsible for providing programming support to existing systems. This person will develop new systems to support company objectives and conduct specific functions include coding, testing, debugging, implementing and documenting systems. Duties include:
- Conducts and/or participates in meetings with management to define new business systems, or solutions to problems with existing systems.
- Creates system design specifications, prepares flowcharts, file and report layouts. Prepares program specifications.
- Codes complex programs (in Java), test and debug problems, initiates unit and system testing, provides accurate program and system documentation.
- Answers questions pertaining to reports, data, etc.
- Runs special reports which generate information needed by other users.
- Trains users in new or existing systems.
- Designs and implements new systems.
- Reviews work performed by others who are assigned to projects.
- Writes status reports and minutes of meetings and communicates to management.
- Solves problems, which prevent production from operating efficiently.
- Responsible for maintenance of security system.
- Responsible for systems enhancements.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Four year degree or equivalent experience in a field of study such as business and computer science.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years Java programming experience.
- Work is basically non-standardized and widely varied, involving many complex and significant variables. Analytic ability and inductive thinking are required to devise new methods in situations where previously accepted methods have proven inadequate.
- Imaginative thinking is a primary part of this position. The development of new systems requires creative thinking, whereas the lack of creativity can cause great inefficiencies.
Job ID 2018-2215