Who we are…
TSYS is a leading financial services provider, and the technology behind many successful financial brands, products and programs. We have a people-centered focus - with our customers and within our team. That focus has helped us to innovate and grow our business to where it is today. It’s also helped us build a close-knit team that enjoys new ideas and solving problems together.
You might fit well in the product innovation team if you enjoy technology, are passionate about the things you create, enjoy setting your own direction and moving fast. This includes sharing opinions within the team, taking initiative to learn new things and putting in the work to make our products the best.
As a Product Engineer…
You are responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution from initial concept through finished solution. You’ll need the ability to quickly understand needs, from a user perspective, and move from there to a working prototype that captures the essence of what the product should be. The ability to not only code, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a deep understanding of systems, data structures, modernscripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems. You’ll work in a rapid environment where there aren’t always clear specifications or rules about how something should be done, where its up to you to figure things out and keep things moving. Some other things you’ll do regularly include:
- Analyze business requirements and develop prototypes through working solutions
- Integrate systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON and a number of others
- Create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline
- Attend sessions where we eat pizza and talk about the latest technology
- Help mentor other engineers and technical analysts
- Plan sprints within your project team to keep yourself and the team moving forward
- Move fast, break things, and determine how to fix them
Who you are…
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re not intimidated by technology, you know how to leverage it to build great products. Your skills are broad –user experience, integration, database, even business domains – and you easily transition between those. You like to leverage moderntechnology and can quickly assemble it to create solutions that aren’t over-engineered. You’re also comfortable in a role where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but just a starting point.
Bachelor's Degree - Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp - Four-year college degree and 4+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 6+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data
For this role, you’ll bring the following qualifications…
- Experience as a developer or other sufficiently technical role
- Significant coding skills in things like Java, SQL, scripting languages, unix and the confidence to easily pick up others
- Exposure to the technologies mentioned above and expertise in using them
- Experience breaking down requirements, recommending solutions and organizing to deliver it
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Fluent, open communication - both speaking and writing
- Experience working in an agile development environment is preferred
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
TSYS Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 2 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 2+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 4+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data