TD Ameritrade is an industry leading innovator in financial services technology. We help transform our client’s lives all while we invest in our associates. Our success is directly related to the ideas, innovation, passion and skill of our associates.
- Our commitment to building an engaging and interesting culture where our developers can continually learn and grow is one of our highest priorities.
- Ideas come from every associate at every level. We take the time to really listen to ideas no matter your title or position.
- Business casual dress code. Open and collaborative work spaces. Fun social and community related activities and events. Work-life balance.
- Technologically Advanced. Modern Web. Flexible APIs. Streaming Solutions. Social Media. Agile. Fast.
- Results Oriented. Quarterly bonuses. Career Advancement. Continuous Software Delivery.
Our Order Management Application department is seeking a Java Performance Engineer to join the team as an embedded partner with Applications Development to lead processes, tooling, optimization, resiliency and capacity for the most advanced and elite trading system in the industry. You must possess strong communications, technical and tooling experience with the ability to plan, execute and interpret performance tests.
- Assess present state of existing performance tests, propose and implement needed improvements
- Build or deploy tools that provide the ability to detect, diagnose, and manage our performance in terms of application responsiveness and system scalability
- Define, develop and execute performance tests to ensure that our systems (applications and test environments) can meet the needs of development, QA, business and our customers
- Establish and maintain performance baselines for applications and environments, and support capacity planning and management
- Understand the applications and update performance requirement specifications and testing strategies collaborating with enterprise performance, application development and infrastructure teams
- Understand existing workload models, identify gaps and implement tests to increase coverage
- Identify performance risks at every life cycle phase and prepare mitigation plans
- Review all performance test results ensuring accuracy, clarity, and completeness
- Working with the Applications Development team, assist in root cause analysis of performance defects
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in performance engineering & testing
- Financial services experience is a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of Databases, Core JAVA, and performance disciplines
- Experience with Unix
- Strong background implementing and/or using industry standard performance testing and automation tools (Open Source Grinder, HP Performance Center, Jmeter, etc)
- Experience using performance profiling and logging tools (App Dynamics, Splunk, etc)
- Strong SQL skills
- An understanding of how to identify shortfalls in hardware resources (CPU, disk IO, memory, and network) for Linux
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving/decision making skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred ' computer science or mathematics
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed