The Java/Microservices Engineer role is a critical role in MasterControl's transition away from monolithic architectures to lean distributed architectures. The Java/Microservices Engineer works as a mentor, influencer and hands-on contributor. They deliver value by technically strengthening his/her team and owning value delivery.
- Lead and foster collaboration in a team and cross-team setting.
- Function and operate within the SAFe framework for planning and delivery.
- Contribute to the culture of accountability and fun found in our Engineering organization
- Participate as an evangelist in the organization for newer methodologies, tools and frameworks as required.
- Manage cross-functional priorities of high complexity.
- Support the integration of new products and services, regulatory requirements, tools, technologies and markets into existing operations.
- Ensure available technology is leveraged to the fullest extent
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Domain Driven Design and event storming based planning.
- Deep knowledge or java, microservice pattern architecture and Spring.
- CI/CD [Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery] tools and experience.
- Experience with contract-driven development and related tools and frameworks.
- Experience with Kafka and or other event frameworks.
- Experience with feature flag and various deployment methodologies: Green/Blue, A/B, red/black.
- Familiarity and passion for insustry standards and best practices around DevOps, SecDevOps and CI/CD.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, trust-building, conflict-resolution, and writing skills.
- Passionate about creatively solving business problems.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- The ability to not participate in 'techno-arrogant' conversation.
- Meet multiple, challenging deadlines while communicating expectations clearly.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Must be able to work well with people.
- Ability to operate a computer and work at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person, over the telephone and in e-mail.