Job Title: Java Microservices Developer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Chicago, IL / Houston, TX
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- We are looking for an API Developer to design and develop consumer-centric low latency scalable cloud native applications leveraging Spring & GemFire technologies for our Enterprise Data Lake initiative.
- This is high visibility fast paced key initiative will integrate data across internal and external sources, provide analytical insights and integrate with our critical systems.
- Design and develop containerized microservices for cloud native applications using Spring framework
- Automated build, deployment and configuration with Jenkins,SVN, Maven
- Act as the subject matter expert for Spring, J2EE, microservices design
- Work across IT teams to ensure code quality, performance and scalability of deployed data products
- Develop & review technical documentation for artifacts delivered
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics) with minimum 2 years of professional Java development experience Or in lieu of Degree, a High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of professional development (Java/J2EE) experience
- Minimum 2 years of in-depth experience in design, and development using J2EE/Eclipse, Spring Boot, HTTP server in complex large scale environments
- Minimum 1 year of experience using in memory data grid technology such as GemFire, Gridgain, Hazelcast
- Minimum 1 year of experience integration with middleware platforms such as IBM WebSphere, Tibco, Oracle ESB
- Minimum 1 year of experience integration with Hadoop/Hive, SQL and HBase/NoSQL data stores
- Experience with deployment of microservice architecture on Pivotal Cloud Foundry platform
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as AWS
- Experience integrating with F5 load balancers and Protegrity platform for tokenization
- Experience with Agile project management methods and practices.
- Demonstrated excellent planning and organizational skills
- Collaborative across teams of internal and external technical staff, business analysts, software support and operations staff