Available Work Locations
North Carolina (Charlotte)
Are you a highly skilled Java developer that thrives in an Agile team environment? Do you love to code in leading edge frameworks? If you view yourself as an innovative programmer who can bring new ideas and share them with your team, we want to hear from you. At Ally, we are constantly striving to provide great experiences for our rapidly growing customer base, and we are looking for highly talented engineers to join us on our mission. We believe the fundamental strength of our team lies with our people, and in this role, you will get to show off and grow your technical chops as a Java middleware software engineer. Here are a few things this role requires including hands on developing:
- Has at least ten (7) years of IT and business/industry work experience, with deep knowledge of data integration.
- Should have developed data integration flows across multiple technologies
- Should have provided architecture and enablement services to distributed development teams delivering data integration services
- Should have a strong Java development background for integration or other application development initiatives
- Prefer 5+ years' experience leading integration delivery and center or enablement teams
- Prefer 5+ years' experience leading teams developing data integrations
- Requires experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels
- Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT project(s) on time and within budget.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute business strategies to exceed operational expectations and further enhance the customer experience.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and ability to translate strategy into system and technology solutions.
- Demonstrated "hands-on" experience working in large-scale environments and tweaking business processes to support growth and productivity.
- Solid project management skills including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment.
- Knowledge of key technology standards based on integration.
- Must have:
- Having at least 7 years of engineering quality middleware solutions using JEE (Spring)
- REST API and/or SOAP Service Development experience
- Experience with Git and Continuous Integration (CI) systems
- Linux Shell Scripting
- Nice to have (if you don't have all of them, don't worry - we'll teach you):
- Splunk, App Dynamics, Java Profiling tools
- Red Hat OpenShift, AMQ, Data Grid, Fuse
- Apache Camel, CXF
- Integration with third party Rest/SOAP API's
- PL/SQL, RDBMS, Data Modeling
- SOAP UI, Postman, REST Assured
- Knowledge of Microservice architecture
- Banking experience -- deposits, payments, money movement
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation -- or total rewards -- extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: benefits to help you plan for the near and long term including an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy and fertility support as well as benefits that help you take care of your family -- parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child-care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
Ally Requisition #