The primary purpose of this role is to translate business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions. This includes responsibility for developing, configuring, or modifying integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments. The Software Engineer facilitates the implementation and maintenance of business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications.
• Translates business requirements and functional specifications into logical program designs, code modules, stable application systems, and software solutions with guidance from senior colleagues as appropriate by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications
• Collaborates with architects and/or software consultants to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, and maintainable solution designs
• Develops, configures, or modifies complex integrated business and/or enterprise application solutions within various computing environments by designing and coding component-based applications using various programming languages
• Validates and executes component integration test (CIT) scenarios to identify application errors and ensure software solutions meet functional specifications
• Facilitates the implementation and maintenance of complex business and enterprise software solutions to ensure successful deployment of released applications by packaging solutions for deployment
• Supports systems integration testing (SIT) and user acceptance testing (UAT) by providing insight to testing teams in order to ensure the appropriate depth of test coverage
• Participates and coaches others in all software development life cycle phases by applying and sharing an in-depth understanding of company and industry methodologies, policies, standards, and controls
• Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, CIS, or related field
• 5+ years experience in software development or a related field.
• 3+ years experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
• 4+ years experience in database technologies
• 4+ years IT experience developing and implementing business systems within an organization
• 4+ years experience writing technical documentation in a software development environment
• 4+ years experience working with defect or incident tracking software (e.g., HP Quality Center, Remedy)
Additional Preferred Requirements:
5+ years experience with service based architecture
4+ years experience with AngularJS (or similar presentation layer technology)
4+ years experience with Spring
5+ years experience with Data base technologies
2+ years of experience / exposure to DevOp practices
Ability to collaborate and lead by example.
Ability to quickly assess / understand functional impacts.
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects.
Job ID 1383903BR