In this role, you will join a small team of developers supporting Navy application development. You will work hand-in-hand with software developers to ensure successful software execution through Agile software development practices.
Joining our team, you will be assisting the Battlespace Awareness and Information domain, working with other developers to support frontline warfighters. You will w ork closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development. You will also be responsible to document, manage configuration, test, and debug software products.
R equired Qualifications:
- Position requires US citizenship and an active Secret DoD security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4-8 years of related experience.
- Requires proficiency with web application technologies (e.g., JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.).
- Ability to complete software tasks within a two week sprint based on your estimates.
- Experience with API design.
- Experience with PKI client and server Certificates.
- Comfortable with Confluence / JIRA for documentation and ticket tracking.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to be proactive and voice opinions when identifying issues/concerns.
- Background supporting Navy applications and programs especially the Office of Naval Research.
- Be CSWF Eligible that requires a Linux+ or equivalent, and an IA Certificate (Security+, CISSP, Linux or Windows OS, etc.).
- Experience with Linux and Windows System Administration.
- Experience with OpenShift or other Docker/Kubernetes service platforms.
- Proficiency with dynamic web-application development component libraries such as AngularJS, jquery, and node.js.
- Proficiency with a Relational Database Management System (e.g., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Experience working with VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based deployments.
- Experience with GIT versioning tool.
- Experience developing web-clients to RESTful web-services.
- Knowledge of creating reusable solutions to common problems or issues.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience developing in Linux in a virtualized environment.
- Experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.