Java / J2EE Lead Software Engineer, Vice President
11 - 15 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 07/14/18
San Diego, CA
11 - 15 years experience
Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 07/14/18
- Responsible for leading a team of staff for developing and deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems.
- Leads the team that consults with internal business clients to offer solutions using best software and engineering practices.
- Involved in modeling information sources, flows and critical paths, as well as understanding how information is turned into knowledge and the relationship of knowledge and how it supports and enables key business processes.
- Facilitates the development of supporting knowledge architecture and standards.
- Works with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups.
This Position Reports to: Systems Manager
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading a team of staff for developing and deploying complex integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises of core systems
- Lead the team that determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements
- Oversee the team/staff that develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components
- Controls and work directs activities of the staff
- Conceive, plan and implement original approaches to solve complex problems of diverse scope. Prepare and present technical concepts to internal audiences
- Work with operations staff to define an operational framework that defines, develops and implements delivery systems, systems management, policies and security frameworks to ensure delivery of knowledge and information to appropriate groups
- Regarded as an expert in development with good software engineering practices
- Plan and organize the development of technical support standards, evaluates software and system problems and potential solutions to application systems requirements
- Will have demonstrated ability to solve complex application and data-related problems and be experienced in resolving issues relating to data security and integrity of controls
- Initiate and develop concepts to solve extremely complex situations with little or no precedent
- Create new opportunities for the use of new technology
- Provide conceptual guidance to other senior and high level technical experts
- Perform systems design and analysis, develops codes and testing to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems, users and applications components
- Advanced professional level role
- Work on projects that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise-wide complex components
- Requires in-depth knowledge across multiple technical environments and possesses increased level of business knowledge
- Work on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction to more junior technical staff and may be technical leader of advanced or complex projects
- Lead responsibilities include directing, monitoring and assigning work to those on the team Provide technical work guidance or mentoring
- May provide input to the managers/supervisor on staff performance
- 10+ years of programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development, database - Java, J2EE, Oracle, JBoss, Spring, Struts, Camel, SEAM
- 5+ years of Commercial Bankingexperience preferably in the Transaction Banking area
- 5+ years of leadership experiencerequired
- Strong leadership skills to gain credibility with various business leaders and stakeholders
- Ability to make complex IT and business decisions
- Works with other IT groups to ensure solid cross-functional decisions are made as a team
- Possesses expertise in process and data modeling, architectural development methodologies, IT planning methodologies and extensive knowledge of the enterprise's business and decision-making processes
- Strong critical thinking and communication skills.
- Experience in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems.
- Requisition #: 10020185-WD