JAVA / J2EE Engineer
ARE (Application Resiliency Engineering) team is seeking an experienced senior Java/J2EE specialist with hands-on design, development, troubleshooting, performance turning experience with financial industry background.
The individual will be responsible for application development in addition to multiple resiliency initiatives to increase reliability, scalability, availability, recoverability, performance and capacity and reduce outages across all IT applications.
The individual will
- Have hands-on software development experience using Java/J2EE, middleware products including WebSphere, MQ technologies and experience with Cloud development
- Review, analyze, and resolve complex application architecture/design, code and middleware issues
- Recommend solutions to make IT systems resilient by preventing system outages
- Use his/her extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Assist application and QA teams with application and middleware performance tuning
- Clearly communicate short-term and long-term recommendations in succinct manner; prepare user and system documentation as needed
- Communicate, resolve or escalate critical technical issues as appropriate;
- Perform assigned duties with minimal supervision/guidance
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience engaging all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 7+ years of experience in JAVA/J2EE stack and web technologies stack
- Experience with Cloud would be good
- Hands-on experience primarily with WebSphere and MQ
- Oracle databaseexperience writing stored procedures and queries
- At least 3 years of experience in the areas of Open Source like Hadoop, Elastic Search, Storm, Kafka, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure of time and to bring forth right skills needed
- Strong communicator and able to work with various functional and technical teams
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills; creativity and ability to develop new ideas and approaches to problem solving
- Performing required duties with minimal supervision/guidance
- Strong analytical skills; Creativity and ability to develop new ideas and approaches to problem solving