Java/J2EE Application Support Engineer with Development experience
8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Job Title: Java/J2EE Application Support Engineer with Development experience - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: New York, NY
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The Senior Application Developer / Support engineer is a key resource to maintain software that is in the critical path of highly available and visible business solutions and services.
- Support and enhance application including but not limited to Java/J2EE, Flex, Mongo DB, My SQL, Flash / Silverlight
- Participate with a core engineering team delivering agile and high quality software development and maintenance.
- Works as a lead developers understanding the business needs and requirements to develop, design and write applications systems and programs.
- Responsible for understanding system requirements, tasking and estimating features, and following work management life-cycle processes such as maintaining work items in JIRA / ServiceNow tickets.
- Understands and utilizes complex branching and merging with respect to source code repositories.
- Understands and implements version control, small check-ins, and labeling, versioning, and deployment best practices for both source code and database deployments.
- Develops software code that conforms to IS&T standards for quality and conformity, considering Information security standards set forth.
- Develops and implements unit test plans.
- Creates technical documentation including approach documents, impact analysis, and physical and conceptual topology and component diagrams.
- Partners with analysts in domain walkthroughs to understand requirements. Demonstrates resolution approach and communicates impacts of change.
- Provides guidance and assistance to the applications users and support teams on all aspects of application deployment, training and support, including: Installation, Configuration, First, second and third tier support.
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with all project stakeholders at all levels, including presentations to management and documenting and sharing meeting minutes.
- Identifies and resolves project issues, including issue tracking and escalation.
- Assists the client portfolio manager(s) in the creation of project plans.
- Actively participates in applications planning/strategy meetings and provides input on the most appropriate and effective use of applications and solutions.
- Java/J2EE, Flex, Mongo DB, MySQL, Flash / Silverlight
- Minimum 7 years of professional IT experience (Support, Maintenance and development)
- Proven experience in complex application from estimation to production support.
- Extensive hands-on experience developing solutions and frameworks using Java / J2EE, Flex, Mongo DB, MySQL, Flash / Silverlight
- Knowledge of ITSM and experience with ServiceNow would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and Best Practices will be an advantage
- Strong OO skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills