• BA/BS degree or higher with experience in Systems Development, ecommerce and Java spring framework.
• At least 2 years of hands on development implementing ecommerce solutions using Java, and Spring frameworks. SAP Hybris eCommerce solutions utilizing SAP Data Hub is desired.
• Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
• Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
• 2 years’ experience working with Relational Databases, such as Oracle and HANA
• Ability to collaborate and work across organizational boundaries and a willingness to share knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrable track record in communication, personal effectiveness, and influencing skills.
• Experience in pharmaceutical data is highly preferred.
WHO ARE WE?
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging – to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
The Lead Technology / Hybris Java Developer is accountable for ensuring the technical design meets: business specification, ITMS standards, aligns with the Hybris tools capabilities, data components accommodate design and is optimized. Working across IT and Vendor associates, the Lead safeguards the System Development Life Cycle, and Change and Release Management processes, by assuring that their work is properly documented through requirements and design, accompanied by appropriate test plans, and properly prepared for implementation into Applications Support. The Lead will provide subject matter expertise and consultancy across technology, application, and data. The Lead will be responsible for leading POC and signing off on all system design documents.
The Lead plays a critical role in the success of Project Delivery and GPIT overall through their collaboration with other IT associates including Business Partners, Operations, and Applications Support. Their ability to execute on the strategy and priorities of GPIT are essential to meeting GPIT objectives.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
• Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in support of hybris system/data assessments, design, delivery and test in regards to the Hybris platform.
• Reviewing the Hybris designs, code and data flows.
• Manage outsourced vendor resources to ensure technical work meets GSK standards and approved requirements.
• Improve processes and streamline data content for consistency and efficiency, enforcing data content standards across the enterprise.
• Lead delivers quality solutions (Technology and Data) within the GPIT SDLC Project Framework, meeting Sarbanes-Oxley compliance regulations as required; ensuring to meet scope, timeline and budget.
• Manage and maintain transactional and /or time bound data, assuring its accuracy and timeliness, to meet the needs of the NA Pharm Business.
• Work with IT Business Partners and Applications Support, business clients/customers, and other GPIT personnel to provide assessments on approved projects;
• Oversight of the creation of all required process and/or project documentation including IT Assessments, SDLC and/or Sarbanes-Oxley IT documentation.
• Coordinate implementation through the Application Support organization.
• Coordinate across Business and IT Business Partners dialogue and documentation necessary to determine Data and Business Rules necessary to successfully implement and manage IT solutions.
• Adhere to all Project Warranty periods and ensure business and technical implementation is stabilized.
• Provide effective communications, in both technical and non-technical terms, verbally and in writing with stakeholders at all levels.
• Work across GPIT Shared Services, including Data Integrity, Quality Solutions, and Database Administration to effectively implement data and technology.
• Assure all project deliverables meet SDLC and Applications Support standards.
• Work with Managers, Portfolio Managers, and Project Managers to deliver top specifications and scope.
• Develop, review, and adhere to documentation developed as part of development.
• Assure Data and Business Rule standards are documented via SOPs and adhered to across NAPIT.
• Be generous with knowledge and educate others on Data and Technology.
• Proactively identify process improvement opportunities with a suggested plan for implementation. Execute to fruition if approved.
• Manage workload within remit and identify areas of slippages and/or opportunity most uniquely seen from the view of the Lead.