The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is looking for a Java Full Stack Engineer with a desire to join a team delivering Big Data applications in the Cloud. We're focused on helping utility companies visualize and make use of the reams of data coming in from their smart meters so they can lower costs and reduce consumption. This is a market poised for explosive growth and this team is ready to take advantage of it.
We're looking for people who have a passion for writing great code, developing servers, and working with big data. You should enjoy working with bleeding-edge technology, not be afraid to take a different approach to solving technical problems, and be able to change directions quickly as the business environment moves. If this sounds interesting, and you like working in a start-up environment, then we want to talk with you!
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Participate in the development process from definition to deployment.
- Develop cutting-edge technologies to improve Sensus's software offering.
- Create and maintain back end oriented services and micro-services utilized by the rest of our architecture.
- Maintain and improve existing cloud-based applications, reducing costs and streamlining efficiency.
- Engineer code that is efficient, standard and well documented.
- Take on challenging tasks as needed with an eagerness to develop skills in new areas.
- Bring to the job an excitement and work ethic on par for a startup technology firm.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 5 years minimum of Java development in a team environment.
- Proven ability to develop back end services in a large scale, high performance environment.
- Experience working with ETL.
- Experience working with REST, SOAP, and creating web services.
- Knowledge of tools such as JAXB, Jackson, and GSON.
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot.
- Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop or other noSql datastore.
- Experience with SQL and RDBMS systems.
- Experience with virtualized deployment practices, particularly AWS.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with *nix platform deployment and administration.
- Experience with server-side MVC containers (Spring, Struts, Play Framework etc).
- Experience with Agile methodology or similar lean startup approach to building software.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility