$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Less than 5 years
Posted 62 days ago
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Java developer to join our technical team and support our DoD customer Navy Information Warfare Command (NIWC -- formerly SPAWAR). Our team develops Microservice Capability Packages to our NIWC customer at our Naval Supply Activity, Philadelphia Pa location.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
Minimum 2 Years Experience
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Java Development Skills
Full Stack Developer:
- Microservice Development Framework: Spring Boot Framework
- Middleware Development/Business Logic – Java
- Web Service Development – REST
- Database: SQL/RDBMS, PostgreSQL RDBMS, MongoDB NoSQL, MariaDB
- OS (bash) Shell Scripting
- Methodologies/Practices: DevOps, Agile/"Pivotal Way", Scrum/Kanban, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Continuous Integration/Delivery (via Jenkins), Test Driven Development (Unit Testing)
- Platforms/Cloud: Red Hat Enterprise Linux / CentOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Security: HP Fortify Scan and Annotation, OWASP, IdAM/Oauth/OpenID/JWT Tokens
- Containerization: Docker/ Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Tools: Trello, Slack, Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEs, Jenkins, JIRA, Junit, BitBucket/Git/GitHub/GitLab, Subversion, Apache JMeter, Selenium, Postman, Virtual Machines (VMWare/Virtualbox)
Architecture Knowledge considered a plus
- Familiar with Domain-Driven Design (DDD).
- Strong in design, integration, and interoperability problem solving skills.
- Familiar with microservice architectures.
- Familiar with architecting and migrating applications to cloud platforms.
- Understand emerging industry architectures (e.g. for Social, Mobile, Big Data, Cloud) - real world experience developing systems targeted for any of these platforms is a highly desirable skill.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16