ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops, tests, and delivers software solutions using one or more commercial languages as well as, open source tools. Develops and delivers software in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Engages with key stakeholders to ensure requirements, schedules and all expectations are understood by the development team and stakeholders for assigned software solutions and software maintenance. Keeps manager and stakeholders apprised of progress. Knows when to escalate.
- Develops and executes automated unit testing for all assigned software solutions.
- Supports infrastructure and network teams in analysis and resolution of issues that are software solution related.
- Performs all functions necessary to take software solutions from planning to implementation. Escalates appropriately, if deadlines are in danger of being missed.
- Coordinates with management to ensure identification of appropriate schedules, goals, design criteria, methodology, etc.
- Shares knowledge, lessons learned and best practices among the team.
- Supports and guides the delivery of software solutions. Provides appropriate documentation.
- Follows all defined software solution methods, processes, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products (Bitbucket/JIRA/CONFLUENCE etc.) or similar tools
- Expert full-stack developer using Java and open source tools (Experience with Spring Boot and Spring MVC Frameworks)
- Expert developing Rest-based Microservices
- Expert across the full SDLC in an Agile / Scrum environment
- Experience developing and delivering single page applications Web applications.
- Extensive experience with continuous integration & deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Experience with object-oriented design.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Database modeling and design experience in relational database
- Experience writing stored procedures, views, functions, and triggers in SQL Server environment.
- Experience developing and delivering software in an Agile / Scrum environment.
- Stays current with technology trends to provide best options for solutions.
- Self-directed and can decompose work into problem sets for self and project team.
- Able to mentor technicians and administrators, teammates, and project partners for the decomposed work.
- Solution-driven thought leadership for affiliated team. Self-motivated with ability to influence associates.
- Ability to break down multi-week objectives into tasks. Completes 1-week tasks independently.
- Completes tasks with a high standard of quality. Assumes ownership of results, both successes and failures.
- Able to learn quickly from mistakes, including those of others.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across internal teams and with business stakeholders.
- Ability to conduct all interactions in a calm and professional manner. Self-aware with the ability to identify personal development goals.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across internal teams.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (Weekly Check-Ins).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office or Google Doc Suite products.
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally, and nationwide up to 10% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Software Development, Mathematics or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required.
- At least (4) years full-time, professional job experience coding in Java
- Previous knowledge of Healthcare applications a plus.
The Software Engineer is responsible for application development and coding, unit testing, system support and documentation. The incumbent in this role designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications and components; supports and/or installs software applications and components; works from written specifications and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and maintains documentation of process flow. He/She works closely with other software developers and technical professionals.