Job Title: Senior Developer/Tech Lead
Duration: Full-time OR 12 Month (Contract to Hire)
Location: San Francisco, CA, Wayne, PA and Nashville, TN
Interview Mode: Telephone/Skype
MUST HAVE: Test driven development.
This position is responsible for leading the product development of web applications utilizing Java in an Agile / Scrum development environment. This full stack development position provides leadership by promoting Agile best practices within the development team and supporting the Product Owner in the execution of the product roadmap.
- Writes code for complex systems (e.g. a large number of interaction points, large number of tables, complex business rules).
- Analyzes existing programs and modifies application code to create enhancement or develop new programs.
- Provides input and drives programming standards.
- Advanced Web and Java Technology development.
- Performs unit testing and complex debugging; Works with other team members to resolve problems.
- Serves as project lead on one or more large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and processes knowledge of a specific business area.
- Accountable for process and coding standards for the team and ensures compliance.
- Accountable for architectural integrity and Technical Debt.
- Accountable for technical feasibility and feedback on new initiatives.
- Recommends resource modeling changes based on team backlog and product chartering.
Education And Experience:
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience; May have technology certifications.
- 8+ years of progressive work experience designing and developing full stack applications in a Java/JEE environment.
- Experience with data modeling, relational databases, data structures and design.
- Experience working with Product and Business Management teams.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company.
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge, skills andexperienceof the following:
- Ability to determine a good user story.
- Breaking down user stories into work requirements.
- Effective unit testing.
- Collaborative team based design.
- Knowledge and skill with the following:
- Git, Jenkins, Gradle.
- RESTful API, JSON, AngularJS, HTML5.
- In depth knowledge of HIPAA X12 transactions, HL7 or Mirth desirable.
- Ability to work hard, in an Agile environment and still have fun.
- Foster an environment of relationship and collaboration.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring other team members.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and other team members.
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks.
- Must be flexible and embrace change.