For this wealth management platform, looking for a Senior Java developer to work with a back-end development team. Experience building Java applications, REST-based APIs, and working in a highly-available and scalable environment.
Seeking someone that has an exceptional attention to detail and values simplicity over complexity - both in code and communication.
- Responsible for the technical design and delivery of new Java projects using exciting, cutting-edge technology.
- Develop enhancements to existing Java applications as well as build new applications from the ground up.
- Monitor production systems, troubleshoot issues, and assist in remediation fixes.
- Assist in recommending and facilitating future maintenance and enhancements
- Assist in implementing and maintaining integration with new and existing partners.
- Work with the Broker/Dealer Operations or Compliance teams to support and enhance the trading system.
- Experience with high performance java development.
- Familiarity with Java 8 coding standards and best practices for application development.
- Experience with Maven
- Understanding of RESTful API development.
- Must understand how to write effective unit/integration tests.
- Experience with Git
- Understanding of Eclipse and Junit.
- Able to work in an agile-ish development environment.
- Experience with a 24x7, highly-available architecture.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of JSON, JMS, Jackson and ActiveMQ.
- Experience with NoSQL and SQL database environments.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies