Regulatory Technology aims to be an industry leading function that delivers sustainable regulatory compliance through technology automation and competitive operating leverage to create a safe and controlled operating environment that protects the Deutsche Bank franchise and its clients.
In order to do this, we must ensure that we remain an engineering focused organization. We are looking for technologists who demonstrate a passion to build the right thing in the right way.
Testers are critical members of our cross-functional, agile delivery teams, alongside developers and analysts. You will take a leading role in all aspects of our delivery pipeline from initial analysis, through development and testing, right into production support. You will bring critical thinking and a deep understanding of the craft of software testing, including automated test-driven approaches and skilful manual exploratory testing. You will help to shape the culture of your team, ensuring everyone considers testing to be part of their responsibilities and learns how to do it well.
We will ask a lot of you, but we will offer a lot in return. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that provides continuous growth and learning, with an emphasis excellence and mutual respect.
- Work as part of a delivery team, collaborating with others to understand requirements, analyses and refine stories, design solutions, implement them, test them and support them in production
- Take a leading role in application of BDD techniques, collaborating closely with users, analysts, developers and other testers. Make sure we are building the right thing
- Ensure that the team uses a test driven approach in all its work. Make sure we are building the thing right
- Apply techniques such as manual exploratory testing and session-based test management. Teach others to use them
- Ensure that your team can build, test and release software with the short lead times and a minimum of waste. Work to develop and maintain a highly automated Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Create a culture of learning and continuous improvement within your team and beyond
- Share expertise in a wide range of testing techniques and heuristics
As an Assistant Vice President, you will be expected to lead others. For example in sharing knowledge, facilitating meetings and workshops, defining new designs and discovering new techniques. In some cases, it may also include elements of team leadership or line management.
You will have substantial experience of how to build and test software in a modern, agile, lean, engineering-driven environment, as such, your previous experience and skills will probably include much of the following:
- Agile testing approaches, ideally with a good understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Behavior Driven Development, particularly experience of how it can be used to define requirements in a collaborative manner, ensure that the team builds the right thing and create a system of living documentation
- Experience using SQL or other query languages to explore and analyses data. Familiarity with Unix command line tools would also be useful
- Some programming skills – e.g. enough to read some code and make simple changes. Software engineers in test, with extensive programming skills, are also very welcome
- An ability to understand and propose test approaches for large and complex enterprises systems, containing multiple components, technologies, etc
- An exposure to context-driven testing principles and practices. For example using session-based test management, defining exploratory testing charters, identifying which test oracles to use, applying test heuristics
- Testing multiple different types of systems, for example interactive GUI-based systems, batch data processing systems, systems with predictable behavior, systems with emergent behavior, etc
- Releasing and supporting critical production applications. Ideally possessing the desire and abilities to create Develops culture
- An understanding of different Financial Services domains and systems is useful, but not essential
We are happy to consider you with a wide variety of educational backgrounds and qualifications. Qualifications in computer science, STEM subjects, other numerate disciplines, business and economics are beneficial for the role.
We also look favorably upon equivalent practical experience. This could have be gained in the workplace or in other contexts, such as contributing to open source software or working on personal projects.
Job ID: 3173630