DMI, the world’s first end-to-end mobility company, combines all the skills and services necessary to deliver mobile enterprise solutions. Built to reinvent business through mobility, DMI has expertise in mobile strategy, UX, web, and app development, omni-channel commerce, brand and marketing, big data management and analytics, and secure device and app management. The company’s unique, integrated approach to mobility has resulted in dramatic growth as well as an expanding client base, which includes hundreds of Fortune 1000 commercial clients and all fifteen U.S. Federal Departments. DMI is headquartered in Washington DC area, with satellite offices around the world.
About the Opportunity
Are you a Java guru? Are you passionate about crafting scalable, performant and user-friendly applications? Do you enjoy building client trust and providing business value through your programmatic masterpieces? Are you driven to keep up with the latest technology trends? If this sounds like you, we can’t wait to meet.
As a Java EE Architect at DMI, your role is to lead the creation of custom applications and perform solution modernization for our clients. We always start by uncovering the business problem we are solving, so naturally you’ll participate in the analysis of business + functional requirements to understand our client’s business and technical needs. Once the solution is identified, you’ll lead the development of the application, working hand in hand with our user experience designers. You are both business-focused and tech savvy, which means you can easily communicate technical and non-technical information clearly, answer questions from customers, and provide efficient technical solutions to problems.
You keep up-to-date on emerging technologies by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
Our Must Have List
- 5-7+ years of experience with Java SE and Java EE (incl. JSP, JSF, etc)
- 3-5+ years of experience with Spring technologies (incl. Spring MVC, Spring Boot etc); similar experience with Struts 1 or 2 also preferred
- 3+ years of experience with Hibernate, JPA or other ORM technologies; SQL; Relational DBs
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience; Agile/Scrum team experience
- Possess critical architecture skills including system design, project decomposition, estimating, and the ability to quickly grasp & suggest improvements to the structure & design of existing, complex systems
- In-depth understanding of the Developer side of DevOps, including Git, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins/Hudson/Bamboo, SonarQube, Automated testing, Automated deployment
- Experience with service-oriented architectures, XML, SOAP, REST, JSON
- Experience with modernizing legacy Java web applications to current standards
- Experience with deploying Java EE applications to enterprise application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic
- Ability to mentor junior resources and communicate effectively with all stakeholders
- Ability to conduct and participate in code reviews
- Experience working collaboratively & iteratively with clients in the development process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Desired, but Not Required
- Consulting Experience
- React and/or Angular Experience
- Basic Linux ability preferred (RHEL, Ubuntu, SuSE)
- BS or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
Job ID 2017-14486