The Java Development Engineer will research, design, test, implement and educate delivery area teams on the latest open source software, technologies and methodologies as well as understand challenges of large-scale cloud deployments with CVS Health.
In this role, you will design and innovate technologies or solution for effective resource allocation, fast application deployment and zero downtime upgrade while you deliver rapidly iterative new design or new architecture POC as well as platform production releases.
To be successful in this role, it is important that you have a deep knowledge of various cloud infrastructure hardware and software such as Openstack, AWS, GCP and Azure, as well as the underlying architecture for hyper-converged technologies and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
keywords: Agile, XP, extreme, pairing, Angular2, AngularJS, Angular4, TDD, SaaS, Cloud, Cloud Foundry, Pivotal, Architect, Executive, Senior, Agile, #ChicagoTech, #ChiTech
- Minimum of 1 years of experience working with enterprise solution delivery in a large scale distributed software design environment, preferably in an XP programming environment
- Minimum of 1 years of Java development experience while utilizing one or more these technologies: SpringBoot, Spring – Java, Spring MVC, Go, NodeJS, React or similar
- Minimum of 13 months of experience working in an Agile based development environment, using Agile concepts such as Continuous Integration, TDD
- Minimum of 3 months of experience with front end development (AngularJS, Angular2, or Angular4 preferred)
- Minimum of 3 months with emerging cloud platform technologies such as: CloudFoundry, Openshift , AWS Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, Heroku , or other PaaS technologies
-Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar preferred, equal years of experience in lieu of degree considered
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.