We are currently hiring a Java Developer with Microservices for an international consulting company, this opportunity is located in Jersey City, NJ. Our client enables customers to reimagine their digital future by applying a unique formula of integrated cloud and cognitive technology. They apply advancements in cognitive and cloud to traditional Application and Infrastructure Services to bring much-needed efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
In this role you will work in a multicultural, people-oriented enterprise with a global presence of more than 21,000 employees. You will have the opportunity to work on technology projects across many sectors such as Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Energy and many more.
As a Software Engineer you will be part of an agilescrum team focused on delivering microservices in support of this broader strategy. The day to day activities of the role will encompass the full project lifecycle, including:
- Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, tests, debugs and documents programming to satisfy business requirements
- Develop and test mission-critical enterprise applications that meet the needs of the business.
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs by developing break-fix solutions and enhancements for applications within new and mature technology environments.
- Java Frameworks i.e. Spring; Hibernate
- RESTful APIs/ Microservices
- No-SQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra
- Log Management with Splunk or ELK
- Apache Tomcat
- Cloud foundry or Amazon AWS experience
Key Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrates continual improvement in terms of individual performance
- Strong communication and team-working skills
- Bright and enthusiastic self-starter
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, mission critical environment