We are seeking a Sr. Apps Development Consultant to join our team located in North Carolina. This is a fast-paced and challenging technical position that will allow you to expand his/her capabilities within a collaborative team environment and to mentor and coach junior level developers. It also features growth potential within a Fortune 100 Company.
- Act as key contributor in designing, coding, debugging, testing, and documentation of complex business initiatives.
- May contribute to the establishment of systems development protocols and / or selection of systems management approaches involving major company investments.
- Must be capable of analyzing and solving complex problems, converting business requirements into technical designs and code implementation.
- Develop Java code based upon the functional designs and conforming to software coding practices using Java 8, JEE 1.5, and Spring Framework technologies to be deployed on JBoss 5 in development and WebSphere 7 for QA and Production.
- Key contributor in requirements definition of most complex business initiatives.
- Provide regular project and organizational communications to keep staff, colleagues, senior management, external and internal clients apprised of major activities, developments, accomplishments and issues
- Develop plans to meet short and long-term objectives, monitoring and ensuring quality results
- Resolve conflicts and barriers as they arise and take proactive steps to ensure organizational alignment, cohesion and support
- Escalate issues related to project outcomes to senior management as needed along with insight on recommended resolutions
- Direct others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Bachelor in Comp Sci. is nice to have or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Application Development experience
- 3 years of solid skills in Java, JEE, JDBC/SQL, and JSP or HTML are required
- At least 2 years experience with Java 8 (JDK 1.5) and JEE 1.4 is required
- Experience with Spring Framework, JMS, multi-threading is required
- Experience on XML (Xml Beans, JAXP or JAXB) is a plus
- Experience with Groovy, Spock, and the Grails Framework is a plus
- Relational Database experience
- Extensive experience in complex projects with division or company-wide scope
- An understanding of and experience with full software development lifecycle including functional & technical specification, development (including object and component based design), documentation, QA processes, source control, maintenance and deployment is essential.
- Solid background in applications development methodologies, Agile, SDLC and other IT industry standards
- Demonstrated ability to obtain a thorough understanding of strategic business goals, recommend technology solutions and build credibility with customers and other IT partners
- Solid technical skills and background needed to support the oversight of development and management of complex multi-platform environments
- Experience working on large, enterprise applications
- Clinical Healthcare applications experience