Slalom Consulting is seeking an experienced Java Developer to contribute to its growing Custom Development Practice. The individual in this role will design and implement quality solutions using the enterprise Java and open source frameworks, and must have five or more years of experience with Java development and tools such as Spring, Maven, Gradle, MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra and Amazon Web Services.
Qualified candidates will have experience with object-oriented design and development techniques and a solid understanding of development and agile best practices. Join Slalom’s talented team of developers who consistently exceed expectations, delivering increasing business value and innovation to our clients’ most strategic initiatives.
- Responsibilities:Evaluate client business challenges and work with the team to arrive at the best-fit technology solution
- Design, document, and develop world-class enterprise applications leveraging the full spectrum of Java technologies and design patterns
- Collaborate with clients and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Assist with estimating work efforts required of the Java team for each phase of a project
- Work on POC projects with cutting-edge Java and mobility technologies
- Qualifications:3+ years of Java development, preferably in the development of enterprise applications
- Experience with object-oriented design and development techniques; understanding of development best practices
- Development experience using one or more of the Java frameworks, including Spring, SpringData, SpringBoot, Apache, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Able to quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Successful working both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for DevOps and infrastructure-as-code
- Middle tier: Spring, REST, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Back end: MongoDB, MySQL, Cassandra
- DevOps: Docker, AWS, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible