We are looking for Java Developer for our client in Seneca, SC
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Location: Seneca, SC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- This project team develops and supports the framework functionality of the client?s EDI Services & the Medicaid Web Portal application. Medicaid Information Technology Services (MITS) team develops and operates systems. Client?s MITS team will be responsible for the project management and oversight of this project.
- Client is currently hiring to staff an opening on our web development team and looking for a highly motivated self-driven individuals.
- This position will provide frontend and backend web development including all user interfaces for their medicaid web application and associated web services.
- The application frontends are to be designed as platform independent and mobile ready.
- This senior expert level frontend web developer will be responsible for the look and feel of the web application that the user will experiance, unit and systems testing, implementation, and maintenance of complex web systems and back-end development.
- This position requires experience with java, web application development, web service development, and distributed systems development.
- This position will work on one of the states most complex information technology projects as client migrates the existing mainframe medicaid systems to moderntechnology environments and platforms
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Software Engineer is responsible for assessing, designing, developing, supporting and implementing the State?s Member Management replacement project and any other projects assigned.
- This position will be a part of a Production Support group under the direction of client?s technical project manager for support & maintenance of all new technology development work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Web Services (REST, SOAP, WSDL)
- EDI Transaction Sets (270/271, 276/277, 837)
- SQL and Stored Procedures
- Spring Security
- Unix Enviroment/scripting
The Software Engineer role has two major functions: design and development/implementation:
- Web-based Distributed Systems Architecture and Design: Design, develop, and implement enterprise level web-based systems, enterprise defined in terms of system scope as well as number of users. Plan for responsive user interfaces incorporating modern Web 2.0 technologies (such as AJAX) and mobility needs (smartphones and tablets).
- Software Engineering: Design and develop Java applications incorporating industry-standard frameworks where appropriate (such as Spring). Plan for highly available and scalable applications. Incorporate services into system design where appropriate.
- Software Project Lifecycle Management: Effectively implement and utilize modern Web-based software industry standards and best practices, use of integrated development environments, strong emphasis on unit testing and participation in complete software lifecycle from analysis and design through testing and deployment. Assist end-user and business analysts in turning business needs into incremental software development projects.
- Communication: Communicate with a broad mix of stakeholders involved in the information technology system replacement projects including business users, analysts, software engineers, database architects and administrators (DBAs), quality assurance engineers (QA), systems and infrastructure staff, and support staff.
- Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
- Soft skills Required: Effective Communication Skills (written and oral), Adaptability, Flexibility, Self-motivation, Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking, Time Management, Ability to work effectively in a stressful environment
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Medicaid eligibility system/business operations experience.
- Medicaid Management Information System (MMIS) experience
- Medicaid operations experience.
- Public Sector/Gov?t ExperienceRequired - No, but such experience is desirable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION :
- Bachelor?s degree in a technical, business, or field. Master?s degreepreferred.
- None required. Java J2ee Server and/or related J2EE certification preferred.