What are we looking for in you?
The Senior software developer will be responsible for participating in defining the application architecture, owning and managing a track of work, validating designs, supporting estimations, adhering to project development processes and best practices around agile project management and delivery, implementing parts of the system architecture using best practices, working with clients and stakeholders to understand the requirements and how they will be implemented and managing team members. This will include designing technical solutions, coding solutions, performing unit testing, conducting code reviews and design reviews, learning new technologies, and becoming an expert in one or many parts of the system.
Do you have the following?
* Experience providing technical oversight for a development team with 2 to 6 members
* Designed technical solutions based on the business requirements and the existing architecture of a large and complex system
* Established high, mid and micro level plans and set technical direction
* Worked with the project manager in the estimation effort for projects and work to identify and manage risk
* Conducted hands on development activities using Agile methodology for Java based service oriented large and complex system
* Developed conceptual and technical design including use of Microservices Architecture
* Experience developing
* Conducted Java application development/coding activities
* Documented technical design as well as other technical documents based on project's compliance requirements.
* Participated in and encourage interactive discussion during technical design and code reviews
* Mentored junior team members
* Ensured adherence to continuous improvement practices as required meeting quality / time to market imperatives
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Legal Permanent Resident
* Eligible for U.S. Government Clearance
* Minimum 5 years in systems integration and development, package implementation, and/or interactive design
* Minimum 3 years design and architecture experience with major Java technologies, such as Spring (including Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Data) and Hibernate frameworks
* Expertise in design and development of Microservices
* Understanding and experience with patterns and techniques such as Domain Driven Design, Test Driven Design among others
* Experience in design, development and production support for projects using Java/Spring based Microservices Architecture
* Experience creating Technical Design Documents
* Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps tools and processes
* Experience working independently on proof of concepts
* Strong leadership and communication skills to effectively manage client accounts and multi-task teams
* Solid understanding of all parts of Software Engineering (e.g. Requirements, Design, Implementation, Testing) and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
* Experience successfully delivering a solution using an agile or iterative SDLC
* Experience with Object Oriented Technologies
* Understanding of how the Internet works, including: HTTP protocol, DNS, SSL, Web servers, load balancing
* Ability to work and coordinate with key owners and stakeholders
* Proven leadership skills to independently manage a team of work with 2 to 6 people, during various phases of the project lifecycle
* Experience with SQL and data structure design
* Bachelor's Degree required from a college or University
Nice to haves
* Experience with supporting federal security requirements for enterprise applications
* Experience with API definition tools such as Swagger
* Experience with front-end development workflows using Git, Node.js/npm, Gulp, Angular and Bower
* Experience with BPM workflow solutions
* Experience with document management solutions
* Experience with Event Driven Architecture
* Experience with JWT (JSON Web Tokens) authentication framework
* Experience with enterprise search platforms such as SOLR
* Experience with AWS, Azure, Cloud computing
Publicis Sapient is a digital transformation partner helping established organizations get to their future, digitally-enabled state, both in the way they work and the way they serve their customers. We help unlock value through a start-up mindset and modern methods, fusing strategy, consulting and customer experience with agile engineering and problem-solving creativity. As digital pioneers with 20,000 people and 53 offices around the globe, our experience spanning technology, data sciences, consulting and customer obsession – combined with our culture of curiosity and relentlessness – enables us to accelerate our clients' businesses through designing the products and services their customers truly value. Publicis Sapient is the digital business transformation hub of Publicis Groupe.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability.
Valid Through: 2019-11-12