A leading global financial services firm is currently seeking a Java/Scala Developer to join their team in New York. This firm is active in investment banking, wealth management, securities, and investment management services.
You will be working on mortgage trading solutions, assessing internal tools and vendor solutions for building out new core systems.
- Work with development teams, traders, and stratetists to assess needs
- Contribute to design phase and system direction
- Contribute to evaluation of vendor and external solutions where appropriate
- Develop systems that cover secondary mortgage market (pre-purchase, rate sheet, processing, risk calculation, etc.)
- 5+ years experience building enterprise solutions in Java
- Experience using Scala in an enterprise environment
- Experience within the financial services field is a plus
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with Perl
- Experience developing in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Knowlege of KDB/Q is a plus
- Experience of Sybase is a plus
- Front-end skills with AngularJS is a plus