A multinational bank and financial services company offering retail, corporate and investment banking as well as wealth management is currently seeking a Java Developer to join their team in New York. This firm believes that to better understand their employee?s needs they must better understand their employees.
This firm recognizes each employee wears many hats and takes on countless responsibilities; in turn they give back to their employees. They offer a flexible work environment and incredible benefits. This firm also believes in the power of networking, learning for life and giving back to the community.
You will join a team that is responsible for the development and support of the front office applications and systems that are used to support the Macro business globally. Systems supported are a combination of In-house development and vendor applications, using a variety of technologies. You will help develop Java projects for the Markets Execution department as defined by business requirements and prioritization.
- Develop solutions to problems both tactical and strategic as the business requires it.
- Work closely with the business users to understand requirements and deliver high quality solutions
- Provide estimates for tasks, including design, development and testing
- Extend and support the low-latency system to meet the business requirements
- Interact with senior IT and business personnel at both Director and Managing Director level.
- Communicate with senior stakeholders to understand their requirements and manage their expectations of delivery.
- Key stakeholders must be kept aware of the processes and procedures require for work prioritization.
- Oropose solutions to complex problems that are in keeping with the existing system architecture.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, math, physics, engineering.
- 5+ years excellent Java programming skills.
- 5+ years Experience with messaging middlewaretechnologies and databases.
- 5-10 years experience in developing low-latency trading systems
- 3+ years experience full-lifecycle development of at least 1 large commercial system, with ideal candidate focusing on significant development of high-frequency trading or pricing systems
- Experience of low latency systems.
- Knowledge of KDB