Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work beside some of the smartest and most accomplished staff you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits and an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
Octo Consulting Group is seeking an experienced mid-level Java Developer to join a development team building highly visible web applications using the latest open source technologies. This position will support a large Agile program responsible for modernization multiple highly visible applications for an innovative federal government agency.
- Develop secure REST and SOAP web services using Spring Boot
- Create and maintain a high percentage of unit and integration test cases
- Mitigate code quality, performance and security vulnerabilities
- Create and update documentation using Swagger, Javadocs or other tools
- Troubleshoot system issues related to software applications; Tier II Support
- Contributing to Agile ceremonies/meetings; providing demonstrations of code and contributing to the Agile team wherever required.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 3+ years of relevant Java development experience;
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the common design patterns associated with standard object persistence mechanisms, standard persistence frameworks like Hibernate, an understanding of when to use POST & PUT, etc.
- Knowledge of or working experience with CI/CD pipelines; including technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, and others is a plus
- Working knowledge of open source ETL tools and databases such as Pentaho and PostgreSQL is a plus
- Working knowledge of Angular JS, is a plus
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA/Confluence, is a plus
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment; is a plus
- Experience with Microservices; is a plus
Octo is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.